Okay, this fabulous woman is one of my role models. She made an empire out of herself, and I have watched her on Bravo ever since she made the scene. She is an amazing woman who advises others on how to eat and drink well without compromising taste. I have all of her books, watch all of her shows, and absolutely adore her Skinnygirl Margaritas. On her website, she has so many amazing recipes that are free to the public! I made one this weekend and it was absolutely amazing, so I had to share it with you all.
Penne a la Carbonara
* One box of whole wheat penne pasta
* 1.5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
* 1 Tablespoon of Butter
* 1/2 Cup of freshly grated Parmesan
* 6 Pieces of turkey bacon chopped
* 1.5 Teaspoons of salt
* Teaspoons of pepper
* 1/3 Cup of skim or soy milk
* 1 Egg beaten
* 3 Tablespoons of chopped parsley (optional)
* Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add the penne pasta.
* In a large skillet, sauté turkey bacon until crispy. Then coarsely chop. Place bacon back in the skillet.
* Cook pasta al dente, drain, leaving pasta slightly wet (adds texture and thickness).
* Add the pasta to the skillet with the bacon, add the remaining ingredients and fold until well mixed.
* Garnish with parsley.
She also had this fab low-carb drink recipe that is now my favorite drink EVER.
* 1/2 lime
* 1 cup ice
* 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
* 1/2 tsp. gently warmed honey
* 2 oz. clear rum
* 4 oz. club soda
* Mint and lime for garnish
* In a martini shaker, use a long spoon to muddle 1/2 fresh lime cut into six wedges. Add 1 cup ice and 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice.
* Combine 1/2 tsp. gently warmed honey, 2 oz. clear rum and 4 oz. club soda. Add this combination to muddled mixture.
* Stir until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint and lime.
(The chocolate cake recipe alone in this book makes it worth while!)