Come summer months, we are all so excited to wear bright colors, embrace feminine looks and to dress as light and airy as possible. With hazy summer days, gardens in bloom, and longer days full of light it is one of the dreamiest seasons. I for one, want my makeup to feel the same way; bright and feminine yet soft and dreamy. Inspired by the floral blooms of the season, I wanted to create a look that embodied all of my favorite aspects of summer.
I first learned about Radiant cosmetics earlier this year at a blogger event that Lulus attended. I was truly blown away by their mission. Their cause is simply stated on their website ,”Our mission is to help garner awareness for human trafficking by raising funds through cosmetics, to provide resources for those on the forefront of change as well as victims of trafficking”. A makeup company that helps change the lives of women around the world? Umm… sign me up because if there is an issue that I hold dear to my heart it is women’s rights. Human trafficking is one of the world’s biggest issues with over 2.5 million people involved and over 80% of that number being women. In an industry dominated by women, such as cosmetics, what better way to help those struggling and trapped in a world of forced labor.
Nevertheless, the company really caught my eye and I wanted to try out the product and learn more about it. We were sent some samples to try out in our photo room and, wow, our makeup artist, Sarah, really fell in love with the products.
Take a look below to see how Sarah, our makeup artist, used Radiant Cosmetics to achieve our Bright Summer Pastel look!
Steps to create the look:
1) Starting from the inner corner of the eye I used the yellowish Goldilocks eyeshadow to highlight.
2) Next I used the coral color Confection on the middle of the lid as the main color.
3) Then I used the pretty violet shade called Thistle concentrating on the outer corner of the lid.
4) Lastly I used the purple cream eyeliner in Tanzanite to define the upper last line and carefully made slight definition to the lower lash line by using the amazing Peacock (teal-colored) cream liner.
5) To complete the powerful pastel look, we finished with mascara, a touch of blush, and the studio’s new favorite lipstick, Radiant’sPeony. This is the perfect neutral pink shade to go with everything.
Thanks again to Radiant for sending over these great samples and letting us experience your great product! Make sure to check them out and do your part to help end human trafficking.