Remember having a crush on that special little someone in class and making them a homemade card revealing your affection on Valentine’s Day? Homemade cards never go out of style and the meaning attached makes them priceless. A fun way to do this is to decoupage your very own personal Valentine’s Day cards. Everyone can decoupage and if you know how to cut and paste, you are already on your way! I have made some already and will guide you step by step.
What you will need:
-cute pictures you have cut out from books or magazines
-cup of water
-Mod Podge Glue
-Cute themed scrapbook paper
-doilies and stickers
1. Take your blank card and trim the edges with some fancy scissors. Then cut out pictures from a magazine that you want to put on the front of the card. In this case, I used an old Alice in Wonderland book and a couple pictures from various magazines. This is where you mentally piece together what your card will look like.
2. Then you are going to dip your sponge brush in water and then dip it into the Mod Podge glue container. Next, put a layer of the glue on the front of the blank card and make sure to be generous with the glue so your pictures dry properly.
3. Next you start applying your pictures and then putting another layer of glue on top of that. It is very important to let your card dry before applying more layers. This avoids air bubbles from appearing on your lovely card.
4. You can even spread on a little Mod Podge Sparkle glue to add some shimmer and glitz to your card. Just squirt a little on the finished product (after it dries) and spread it around.
5. After your card dries you should flatten it out by placing some heavy books on top of it. Then you can write a little romantic message to your sweetheart inside!
So start revealing your creative side and get your fingers sticky with this fun little project. This takes about 20 minutes and when you give this Valentine to your special little someone, the look on their face will be more than worth it!