Flats are the most functional shoe for any occasion and whether you’re rocking a dress or jeans, flats are always a great choice. I took three pairs of the fabulous LuLu*s scallopini scalloped and pointed flats and embellished them with glitter, jewels and studs!
Posted by Brittany:
Scalloped flats are a huge trend right now and are a great alternative to heels when wearing tights, dresses or jeans this season. There are a lot of different versions of these scalloped flats like the ones above made by Chloe. The designer version costs about $450, but the LuLu*s Scallopini Black Scalloped & Pointed Flats are just $19, which means they’re inexpensive enough that you can buy a pair in each color and pattern. What a steal!
The little black dress or LBD has been a major wardrobe staple for years. The LBD can be worn with classic shoes and accessories or you can choose to be playful with the look and go for more colorful shoes and accessories.
Which way would you wear the quintessential LBD? Classy or colorful?
1. In The Moment Black Skater Dress, 2. Mellie Bianco Maggie Black Studded Purse, 3. Band of Brilliance Gold Collar Necklace, 4. Triple Jump Black Chevron Bangle Set, 5. Bliss 15 Burgundy Triple Strap Pointed Heels, 6. Main Squeeze Blue Purse, 7. Pocketful of Posies Red Statement Necklace, 8. Claire Fong Tiger Lily Red Feather Earrings, 9. Torri Red Floral Brocade Platform Wedges.
Jewel tones are everywhere this season from the runways and red carpets to cute mani’s and accessories. No matter what color palette you rock best, there’s probably a jewel tone included! Here are some lovely jewel toned pieces to keep you sparkling all season long.
(1. Blaque Label Star Status Strapless Purple Dress, 2. LULUS Exclusive Rooftop Garden Backless Royal Blue Maxi Dress, 3. Off to See the Wizard Green Statement Necklace, 4. Shoe Republic LA Silva Red Pointed Pumps)
When the seasons change, our wardrobe shouldn’t be the only thing getting updated – we should update our makeup bags, too! These are three great drugstore beauty products that won’t break the bank and will keep you looking fresh through fall.
1) Black nail polish is, and will always will be a classic nail color but there’s a new neutral in town. This Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in “Choco-Latte” is the perfect nude nail color for fall! This nail polish can be found at your local drugstore and is a great buy for under $8 a bottle. This polish has a base coat, growth treatment, strengthener, color and top coat all in one! Skip the tedious steps and keep this great color in your makeup bag for a quick touch up or mani on-the-go!
2) The Revlon Just Bitten lip balm stain is a no-fuss pencil that gives you a subtle stain all day long. Compared to other lip stains, the Just Kissable balm stain is moisturizing and goes on smoothly. You can actually rub your lips together and it feels like chapstick, but take a look in the mirror and you’ll see glam color! Just Bitten lip balm stain in “Cherish” is a pretty pink that takes your look day to night and is a major staple to keep on hand.
3) e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) Makeup & Cosmetics is an inexpensive brand usually sold at Target and some other drugstores and it can also be found online. Their range of products include anything and everything from smoky eye kits, to makeup brushes and lipsticks. The best part? Most of their products are under $5! The e.l.f. studio powder brush is around $3 and is a great addition to any girl’s repetoire of makeup goods. Even if you own a set of brushes already, this inexpensive brush is great for easy touchups and to throw in your clutch for a girl’s night out.
Will you be trying any of these products or have you already? Tell us below in the comment box!