Don’t you hate it when you drop your favorite eye shadow on the ground and see the pressed powder crumbling once you pick it up? Whenever I had this happen to me I would throw it in my makeup drawer and it would get buried amongst my other forgotten cosmetics. This was a regular occurrence until recently, I found a great way to use your crumbled polish to make awesome nail art. Using your broken eye shadows on your nails creates a matte finish polish that gives your nails a fresh look without breaking the bank.
1. Take the broken shadow and pour a little into a small bowl.
2. Drip about 20 drops of clear polish into the small bowl. If you are feeling creative, you can also add different colors of your choice to create inventive, new color choices.
3. Swirl the mixture together with a toothpick until the polish has evenly mixed with the polish. Add more polish if you need the mixture thinner, add a dash more powder if you need to thicken.
4. Once the mixture is complete quickly polish your nails since the mixture dries quickly.
I love the options of limitless variations with this nail art idea. You can even do this on the ends of your nails or some glitter to give a colorful remix to the classic French manicure.
If you want to fix your eye shadow afterwards, here is an easy way how:
1. Dump the eye shadow into a small bowl and use an eye shadow brush to wipe the container clean.
2. Use the end of the brush and crush the remaining chunks into a fine powder.
3. Pour a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol into the small bowl. Mix well into a paste with a small spoon.
4. Scoop the paste from the small bowl and pour into the original containers. Spread evenly throughout container.
5. Place aside and let sit for about eight hours. After the eye shadow has set, your eye shadow will come back to life once it has dried!
This should keep you all busy for a bit!