DIY Eye Gloss
Eye gloss (also known as liquid eye shadow) was all over the fall 2013 runways, yet some of the brands used like MAC are not even released yet! Before you go out and buy that expensive new eye gloss, try making it home with this easy tutorial. After researching methods that used everything from glycerin to petroleum jelly, we narrowed it down to the two easiest and least expensive methods that use materials you probably already have lying around. You can literally use any eye shadow or body glitter you have – especially a broken palette! – just crush it up and mix.
Materials Used: Milani Powder Eye Shadow in Gold Dust, Baby Oil Gel, Max Clear Lip Gloss.
Baby Oil Gel Method
– You can use regular baby oil for a subtle, sheer look, or kick it up a notch with baby oil gel. The gel creates a slightly thicker application that is still thinner than the lip gloss method.
– Baby oil is safe enough for a baby and easy on your skin. It’s also widely available.
– Resists creasing.
– Coverage is more subtle than the lip gloss method.
Lip Gloss Method:
– Thicker, dramatic, editorial-worthy coverage.
– Tends to be very sticky.
– Can be difficult to remove.
Overall, we found baby oil gel to be the best mixing medium, but feel free to experiment and tell us your favorite in the comments below!