While we love the no-makeup makeup look, sometimes you want just a little more pop with your makeup of the day. Enter our glowy summer makeup tutorial. Using flattering, natural shades and a light touch, this look is all about definition and glow. You’ll go easy on the covering up and instead bring light to your pretty face with highlights and warm, soft shades. Read on for a look that glows just as brightly as you do, babe!
– Start with SPF, moisturizer, and a light BB cream or CC cream. Feel free to cover any blemishes with concealer, but the goal here is to let your skin glow, so keep your base as light as you feel comfortable.
– Step 1: Brush your eyebrows up and fill them in using light, feathery strokes and a brow powder in a shade that matches your brows to create a natural arch. No need for sharp lines, just a soft shape that frames your face. You can set your arches with clear brow gel if needed.
– Step 2: Using a small blending brush, take a warm bronze or coppery eyeshadow (we like using bronzer for this step to create a very natural look, or you can use a more pigmented shade to play up your eyes) and apply it all over your lid and up into your crease using soft, windshield wiper motions to blend out any harsh lines. The intention here is to define and add a little pop to your eyes, but not be the main focus of the look.
– Step 3: Add warmth to the outer edges of your face and your cheekbones with bronzer. You can use a powder product, but for a true summer glow look, cream products blend well and keep this look from getting too matte. This isn’t a full contour – instead, just think about lightly defining your bone structure and adding natural color, blending with a brush or makeup sponge. Then, apply a peach or coral blush to the apples of your cheeks and up your cheekbones. Again, you can use powder or cream, depending on your preference and how dewy you want to look.
– Step 4: Now it’s time to glow! You’re going to brighten your face with the glowiest highlighter you have – you can use a cream or powder highlighter for this step, depending on your preference. If using a cream product, you can swipe it on and blend with your fingers. If using a powder higlighter, grab a highlighter brush or fan brush. Apply to the high points of your face that naturally catch the light: on top of your cheekbones, along your brow bones, down the bridge of your nose, in the inner corners of your eyes, and on top of your cupid’s bow. You might even add any remaining product from your fingers or brush lightly in the middle of your forehead or on the tip of your chin for megawatt glow.
– Finishing touches: Accentuate your eyes with a swipe of mascara (or go without if you have naturally lush lashes or extensions) and add sheen to your lips with a tinted balm or lip gloss (it’s back, babe), lip liner optional.
That’s it! You’re ready to brighten everyone’s day with your beautiful glow. What’s your go-to summer makeup look? Share in the comments and show us your #motd on Instagram @lulus!