With the weather beginning to really warm up, the last thing most of us want to do is spend hours with a curling iron or blow dryer. That’s time well spent at the beach or river instead!
However, I know that we do still want to look cute, even though we don’t want to work for it. While most people would scoff and say, “wishful thinking!” we girls are lucky enough to have a few tricks up our sleeves. During the summer, we can look just as cute with beachy waves as we can with barrel curls — and spend half the time doing it!
Now, there are several really great products out there for giving your hair that sexy, beachy vibe, but if you’d rather spend your money on cute dresses and shoes, then why not try these super simple steps to create your own ocean waves at home.
How to Make Your Own Beach Hair Spray:
1. Buy a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle.
2. Fill with water almost to the top.
3. Add a few tablespoons of sea salt (not table salt — that will just make your hair look gross).
4. Add three small squirts of your favorite hair gel.
5. A little bit of conditioner or coconut or olive oil to fight off the drying power of the salt.
6. Shake all together, and then spray all over hair. If your hair is dry, spritz until really damp. If wet, just make sure it’s all coated well.
Now, the thing with beach hair is that you don’t want it to look too polished or perfectly in place, so it’s important to give it that kind-of gritty texture. You can do that by simply scrunching your hair if you already have natural wave. If you want more waviness, you can also braid your hair or twist it up in a bun until it dries. Then simply shake out your hair and ta-da!
So who is ready to give up the curling iron? Are you girls going to give beach waves a whirl?