Take your ‘do to new hair-raising heights with our fun bun hair tutorial! We’ve all seen the sock bun tutorial, but with a little strategic teasing and pinning you can skip the sock without sacrificing fullness. It’s a lovely look for an outdoor wedding or Sunday brunch! Pair it with a flirty floral and you’re good to go! Follow the steps below to create a top knot that’s totally top notch!
1. Begin with a sleek high ponytail securing with a strong hair-tie.
2. Pull small sections of the pony straight-up and lightly mist with hairspray towards the base of the hair-tie.
3. While the hairspray is still tacky, fully backcomb each small section as you pull upwards.
4. Be sure to fully tease* the entire pony from top to bottom for the ultimate fun bun!
5. Start wrapping the ponytail into a bun. The main advantage to teasing the hair is that you can easily manipulate the shape as your are pinning it.
6. Depending on the thickness and length of your hair, you can make the bun as big and messy as you want it! Super Fun Bun!!
*Refer to our hair teasing blog for proper technique to not damage your hair while backcombing!