I had so much fun with this look, and it definitely makes a statement.
You’ll need to give yourself a little extra time in the morning and have plenty of bobby pins on hand (not kidding). The result is totally worth it! Sixties vintage for a new look!
What You’ll Need:
1. A homemade “Bumpit” (made from hair extensions wrapped in a hair net) – make sure it matches your hair color.
2. Fine Tooth Comb
3. Hair spray
4. Flower or decorative hair clip
5. Bobby pins
What To Do:
1. Part hair into three sections: Front, Middle (largest section), Back. Tie each into a pony tail
2. Pin your homemade “bumpit” securely behind the middle section.
3. Pin the back ponytail up to cover the “bumpit.”
4. Take the middle section out of ponytail an pin down over the hive of hair. This part should look smooth and flawless.
5. Untie the front section, make a sideways part and sweep hair softly across the forehead. Pin in place.
6. Hair spray EVERYTHING.
7. Pin a cute flower or clip on the side of the hive.
Before you begin, you must watch the tutorial below by Strawberry Koi Vintage that inspired this look. This is where I found the great homemade bumpit idea, and she’s got plenty more handy tricks and tutorials on her YouTube Channel and blog. Check her out!