I’m always on the lookout for cool interior design ideas, so when I stumbled upon Emmas Designblogg and saw this totally cute (and easy)Try this at home! Project, well, I just had to “try it at home” for myself.
I added a few creative twists of my own, so feel free to embrace the nature of the DIY and get adventurous with your design choices. I love the key hanger/potted plant idea, but I already have a chalkboard/key holder thingamajig by my door, so I turned my project into a fancy schmancy jewelry organizer, because nobody likes to untangle necklaces when you’re rushing out the door!
What you’ll need:
– Picture Frame (they have the perfect, unfinished wood frames at Michael’s)
– Wood Moulding (for the panes; and a saw to cut to size)
– Chalkboard Paint (and newspaper or something underneath to keep the mess at bay)
– Hooks (Screw-in, so yeah, you’ll need a drill too)
– Wood Glue
– And Chalk!
And here we go!
1. First things first, cut the wood moulding to fit inside the frame. You want it to be centered and criss-crossed for a window pane look. Glue into place with the wood glue and let dry.
2. Spray two coats of the chalkboard paint all over. Let dry.
3. Grab your electric drill and drill evenly spaced holes across the top and center pane, or wherever you’d like your hooks to go.
4. Then screw the hooks into place, and, done!
Just hang it up or lean it against the wall on your dresser and let your lovely jewels bring it to life!
That’s it! How easy was that??? And you can do it all for less than $20.00!