If you love the look of a perfectly tousled bun, then you will absolutely adore our hair tutorial for a bun with a twist! This look couldn’t be simpler to achieve (or more elegant!) with just two pigtails twisted into a fabulous knotted bun! All of the steps are ready for you to try out below!
1. Begin with all your hair brushed straight back.
2. With hair parted down the middle, make two even pigtails.
3. Starting with one side, split the pigtail in half and twist each piece away from the part.
4. Once fully twisted, fasten the ends with an elastic hair-tie, and then wrap the twists around each other (opposite of the twisting direction from the previous step).
5. Repeat the same technique with the other pigtail.
6. Create an “X” using the twists.
7. Swoop one side up and over the other, then fasten in place.
8. Wrap the other twist around as well and pin.
Complete the look by tucking the remaining hair under the bun and hide the ends using more pins!