If there is one look you ought to know how to do, it’s a perfect smoky eye. This quintessential look crosses all boundaries between casual and dressy, and will work with absolutely ANY color of clothing. The smoky eye is easy to master, you just need a nice neutral eye shadow palette, and some good brushes. I mean, if you want an editorial-quality look, you’ve got to start with good brushes, right?
This tutorial features products by Sigma Beauty which, if you haven’t heard, carry an amazing line of professional and everyday cosmetic brushes. Our photo studio is currently using a wide variety of brushes by Sigma, which makes our job just that much easier.
Products Used in this Tutorial
a. Make Me Classy Professional Brush Kit with Two-Sided Brush Container
b. Performance Eyes Kit
c. Sigma Beauty Eye Shadow Palette in Bare; we used the four center shades in order to create a robust look with plenty of depth.
1. Start with a clean face and apply foundation primer and foundation of your choice with Sigma’s Foundation Brush F60.
2. We used Sigma’s Eye Shading Brush E55 with the light golden shade Command over the full lid.
3. Then we stepped up to the next darkest shade, Act, and swept a small amount across the bottom half of the lid with Precision Tapered Brush P86 in order to create depth.
4. We started the smoky effect using the Medium Angled Brush E70, concentrating the light charcoal grey shade Snoop on the outer half of lid, and following the natural crease of the eye.
The fourth and final shade Hitch (a deep brown shade) is applied to the very outside corner using the Shader Crease Brush E47.
*To transform from a day to evening look, add a little extra Hitch.*
5. Finally we added a black liner to define the lash line followed by a touch of mascara and a swipe of dusty rose blush. Our new favorite red lipstick; Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Red Label adds the final pop!