‘Tis the season of weddings and festivals Lulus loves, so you are definitely going to want to take a peek at our summer must-try: the Twisted Crown Hair Tutorial! Two simple side twists form an elegant crown that is perfect for pairing with soft curls, or an elegant side braid or bun for warmer temps! Follow the step-by-step tutorial below!
1. Starting on one side at the top of the head, split a small section of hair into two even halves.
2. Like you would create a French braid, add a new piece to the section of hair to create the twist.
3. Continue creating your twist by taking another piece from above.
4. Combine that piece to the twist as shown.
5. Repeat the previous steps and continue twisting until you get to the halfway point near the crown.
6. Once you reach the back, stop adding pieces and simply complete the twist. Secure with an elastic hair tie.
7. Create another matching twist on the other side and fasten as well.
8. To combine, carefully open one of the twists, and pull the other through the opening.
9. Make an X with the combined twists.
10. Use bobby pins to secure the X, remove the elastic ties, and loosen the twisted ends for volume.