All of the girls at LuLu*s are obsessed with beauty! We are always asking around to get the scoop about what fave items are hiding out in each others makeup bags. What liquid liner is best? What mascara gives you the fullest lashes? Ultimate lip gloss pick? You name it, we chat about it. I love to ask the bloggers that we work with to share some of their beauty faves they just can’t live without! Three of our blogger friends dish below.
Kohl was a staple in Cleopatra’s beauty kit, so why not yours? I’m obsessed with DALiiA’s eyestick liners ($28 each) for not only its intense color payoff, but the fact that it’s a 100% natural formula (no parabens, no silicone or preservatives) so I feel comfortable lining it in the inner rims of my eyes for an intense smokey look. Here’s an eye makeup look I did this morning (and proceeded to get many compliments on at the office later). The kohls are so easy to use and completely versatile. I used it below as a liner and shadows as you’ll see. You can totally get away with this easy look for day to evening, and even layer up more black for a sexy nighttime look that will be hard to ignore.
1. Use DALiiA’s Persian Gold on the lid in a wind-wiper motion, applying from lid to crease.
2. Use the tip of the liner to get into the tear duct area, and roll around to just the inner-bottom corner of the lid.
3. Using an eyeshadow brush, grab a brown-bronze color like this one (this one is from a Tarte palette I had).
4. Apply to the outer crease area of your eye. This will give it subtle depth.
5. I used DALiiA’s Starlight Silver to the center and inner areas of my crease to just give the look a little more dimension.
6. Use a highlighter pencil to add a little glow right under your brows. I used Benefit High Brow.
7. Now take DALiiA’s Cleopatra Black to line your upper and lower waterline. I start from the tear duct area and close my eye slightly around the stick and slide through to thoroughly cover the inner rims. I go over it twice to make it really intense.
8. Line the upper lid like you would normal liner with the Black eyestick. You can drag the line out a little to give it a slightly winged look.
9. Now using a flat brush, grab a dark brown shadow like this one and line your lower lashline. I love how this gives it a nice, smoked out look (option: you can do this with your black eye stick if you want it even more intense).
10. Curl your lashes using an eyelash curler.
11. Add a couple swipes of your favorite black mascara (I used Lancome Hypnose Star – in love with this one right now!)
Want to see more by guest blogger Shyema Azam? Check out her blog Beauty and the Feast!
It’s no secret that we launched a brand new Beauty Section for 2013, but if you’re like us, you love to get the scoop on products before trying them out.
Clear, healthy skin is the key to a radiant look, and Cor Silver Soap is our pick when it comes to fabulous foaming cleansers. The 10 g trial size of Cor Silver Soap will last for up to a month of daily face washes and the 30 g ball will last up to four months! You can further exfoliate by using a loofah, cloth, or fingertips in a circular motion, AND you can spot treat stubborn blemishes by placing a dab of lather on the blemish before bed.
Prepare to fall in love…
2012 may have brought us The Avengers, but 2013 promises a dream team of even bigger proportions for Miss Dior! The beloved Natalie Portman stars as the objet de désir for Miss Dior Eau de Parfum in a little film directed by none other than Sofia Coppola!!!! Wearing beautiful floor-length dresses, we catch of glimpses of Natalie splashing through fountains or against a stunning wall of roses, not to mention snippets of Ms. Coppola sitting in the director’s chair.
Oh, enough already… time to watch!