Our beauty guru’s in the studio are back in action this week with the perfect Smoky Eye Makeup Tutorial! This sultry lid is a true fall classic and is the perfect balance of sexy and sophisticated. Pair it with a nude lip for the day and amp it up with a burgundy lip for a night on the town! Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to a soft smoldering look in no time!
1) Begin by lining the upper lid using NYX Brown Perfection eye pencil.
2) Using NYX Smokey Eye Shadow kit, use the hazelnut brown eye shadow and create a base shade by applying it all over the upper lid.
3) Pick either a violet, blue or charcoal shade to create a pop of color in the smoky eye. (We used the charcoal color.) Make a letter “C” with the chosen accent color on the outer corner of the upper lid.
4) Apply the same shade you just used down and around your bottom lash line using a small angled precision brush.
5) Using the black eye shadow, create a smoky crease by carefully concentrating the color in a small triangle shape on the outer corner of the upper lid.
6) Re-line the upper lash line using NYX Satin Finish Black Liner to create extreme definition to the smoky look.
7) Apply the same black liner to the water line.
8) Chose a small brush and apply white shadow in the inner corner to brighten the look, which will make the eyes pop.
Finish your smoky eye with a few coats of mascara to upper and lower lashes.
Ta-da!! The perfect smoky eye!