Nobody wears braids quite like the lovely ladies of Game of Thrones. If you’re planning on celebrating Halloween as the daring Daenerys this year, we’ve got the perfect braided GOT hairdo for you! And the best part? You don’t have to stop at just one braid! Play with the look by adding as many as you’d like! Follow the steps below and this Khaleesi-coif will be yours!
Our beauty guru’s in the studio are back in action this week with the perfect Smoky Eye Makeup Tutorial! This sultry lid is a true fall classic and is the perfect balance of sexy and sophisticated. Pair it with a nude lip for the day and amp it up with a burgundy lip for a night on the town! Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to a soft smoldering look in no time!
1) Begin by lining the upper lid using NYX Brown Perfection eye pencil.
2) Using NYX Smokey Eye Shadow kit, use the hazelnut brown eye shadow and create a base shade by applying it all over the upper lid.
3) Pick either a violet, blue or charcoal shade to create a pop of color in the smoky eye. (We used the charcoal color.) Make a letter “C” with the chosen accent color on the outer corner of the upper lid.
4) Apply the same shade you just used down and around your bottom lash line using a small angled precision brush.
5) Using the black eye shadow, create a smoky crease by carefully concentrating the color in a small triangle shape on the outer corner of the upper lid.
6) Re-line the upper lash line using NYX Satin Finish Black Liner to create extreme definition to the smoky look.
7) Apply the same black liner to the water line.
8) Chose a small brush and apply white shadow in the inner corner to brighten the look, which will make the eyes pop.
Finish your smoky eye with a few coats of mascara to upper and lower lashes.
Ta-da!! The perfect smoky eye!
Short on time but still wanna look sophisticated? This super chic low rolled bun tutorial will be your new go-to! In mere minutes you can tame those fly-aways creating the perfect look to last you from day to date! Follow the easy steps below and you’ll be rocking this elegant up-do in no time!
1. Pull hair back into a sleek low ponytail.
2. Slightly loosen the hair-tie and split hair above it into 2 even sections.
3&4. While holding the split hair, pull the ponytail up and through the opening.
5. Tighten the ponytail until the hair-tie is hidden.
6. Fully backcomb the entire ponytail to create a full bun.
7. Smooth the underside of the hair and pull up.
8. Tuck the pony into the opening above the hair-tie and secure with as many pins as needed.
Why decide between a braid and a bun when you can have both!? We turned to our hair guru’s in the studio and they came up with the perfect braid into bun look! This tutorial will get you ready to roll a sock bun and bust out perfect braids like a pro. We’re quickly thinking this may be our new go-to holiday hair! With gorgeous braids and a full bun, what’s not to love? Follow the easy steps below and you’ll be rocking one our new favorite looks in no time!
1. Part the hair down the middle and section each side just behind the ears.
2. Carefully french braid both sections.
3. Secure with a hair tie.
4. Make sure the braids are even on both sides.
5. Take both braids and remaining hair into a low pony tail and begin to start a sock bun.
6. Bring the rolled sock about half way up the pony tail and hold the hair up to allow it to spread out around the top of the sock.
7. Begin rolling the ends of the hair under and through the sock while keeping tension to make the bun smooth.
8. Once rolled-up to the hair tie, securely fasten with bobby pins and you have a cute pulled-back hairstyle for any occasion!