We may be living in a modern age, but that’s no reason to abandon the classics! This Hollywood glam makeup tutorial is the perfect way to achieve a retro-chic look that Marilyn Monroe would be proud of! It’s the perfect blend of vampy, vintage and va-va-voom! Follow the steps below and you’ll be a femme fatale at your next holiday fête!
1. Create an even skin tone by applying liquid foundation to cover any dark circles or blemishes.
2. Lightly powder your entire face to set the foundation. Depending upon your preference, you can use either translucent or mineral powder. We chose a mineral powder for a little more coverage.
3. Apply a neutral tone blush to accent your cheek bones.
4. Sweep a nude brown eye-shadow across the lid and concentrate in the crease.
5. Blend a slightly darker brown shadow using a smaller brush and focus from outer corner to center of the crease to define the lid.
6. Use an ivory or white eye-shadow from the inner corner to the center of the lash line to create a pop of brightness and add to the wide-eyed effect.
7. Chose a narrow angle brush and apply cream black liner to the lash line to further define the look. Direct the liner upwards as you near the outer corner.
8. Complete the eyes by adding a few coats of mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
9. Last but not least, apply a candy apple red lipstick.
Nobody wears braids quite like the lovely ladies of Game of Thrones. If you’re planning on celebrating Halloween as the daring Daenerys this year, we’ve got the perfect braided GOT hairdo for you! And the best part? You don’t have to stop at just one braid! Play with the look by adding as many as you’d like! Follow the steps below and this Khaleesi-coif will be yours!
Today we have Christine from Hello Fashion sharing a sophisticatedly-spooky Halloween decor DIY: Glitter Pumpkins! This easy tutorial is the perfect way to get your home fall festive without the hassle and mess of carving! So pick out some pumpkins and grab the glitter, it’s time to make something boo-tiful!
Hi everyone! I am Christine from Hello Fashion. I typically blog about fashion and share my street style, but once in awhile I like to share a DIY when I’m feeling crafty. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, not only because of all the beautiful scenery, but I love decorating for the holidays. Today I am so excited to share with you my DIY Glitter Pumpkin. This is a super easy craft, just be ready for a glitter party
Clean and dry the pumpkins.
Tape design on pumpkins.
I chose to do a dip dye look for this set. I have also done a chevron print which is cute, but the dips are my favorite. For the dip dye look, just wrap tape around the pumpkin so you have a clean, crisp line.
Paint a thick layer of mod podge on the sections you want to be glittery. I have found foam brushes work the best and they are the least expensive, but any brush works.
Generously sprinkle the glitter onto the mod podge. I like to put a paper plate under the pumpkin as I’m sprinkling so it’s easier to pour the excess glitter back in the container after (it also helps with the mess). You want to dump the glitter on pretty thick; a lot of it sprinkles off at first.
Shake off any excess glitter and touch up any spots you missed.
Let your pumpkin completely dry.
Paint a top coat of mod podge on your dry pumpkin to help seal the glitter. This will help keep the excess glitter from falling everywhere. They also have a spray mod podge that works to seal it and is a little less messy, but I just used the same one I applied to the pumpkin.
TADA! You’re done!
Hope you all have a great Halloween!
Our beauty guru’s in the studio are back in action this week with the perfect Smoky Eye Makeup Tutorial! This sultry lid is a true fall classic and is the perfect balance of sexy and sophisticated. Pair it with a nude lip for the day and amp it up with a burgundy lip for a night on the town! Follow the steps below and you’ll be on your way to a soft smoldering look in no time!
1) Begin by lining the upper lid using NYX Brown Perfection eye pencil.
2) Using NYX Smokey Eye Shadow kit, use the hazelnut brown eye shadow and create a base shade by applying it all over the upper lid.
3) Pick either a violet, blue or charcoal shade to create a pop of color in the smoky eye. (We used the charcoal color.) Make a letter “C” with the chosen accent color on the outer corner of the upper lid.
4) Apply the same shade you just used down and around your bottom lash line using a small angled precision brush.
5) Using the black eye shadow, create a smoky crease by carefully concentrating the color in a small triangle shape on the outer corner of the upper lid.
6) Re-line the upper lash line using NYX Satin Finish Black Liner to create extreme definition to the smoky look.
7) Apply the same black liner to the water line.
8) Chose a small brush and apply white shadow in the inner corner to brighten the look, which will make the eyes pop.
Finish your smoky eye with a few coats of mascara to upper and lower lashes.
Ta-da!! The perfect smoky eye!