For all of you lovely Lulus ladies, it is time to buy shoes not bombs and be a true FASHIONISTA for PEACE!!!
We are proud to present
In order to enter:
* You must be a human being on this planet. (Good news for everyone!)
* Write an essay that addresses any peace or justice issue that approaches conflict in an interpersonal, national or international nonviolent way.
* FYI (a little inside info) essays addressing issues of peace and justice including race relations, homelessness, and resolutions to disputes in your local area will be given priority.
The four winners receive a $300.00 prize each, 15% of which is tithed to their favorite (preferably local) charity.
The possible eight runners up will receive a $100.00 prize each.
* Email your submission to Tom Imhoff : firstname.lastname@example.org
* Mail three copies to: Tom Imhoff, Department of Philosophy, California State University, 121 Trinity Hall, Chico, Ca 95929-0730, USA.
* Essays should be between 5-25 pages in ENGLISH
* Essays must contain a cover letter with your: full name, age, physical mailing address, and email address, two telephone numbers (if possible), school and year of study (if student),
* Note from legal guardian of any authors of submissions under the age of 18 years old
* Only one submission for each author is allowed to be considered for this competition.
* All submissions must arrive by May 1st 2010
Winning essays will be published in media and forums of The Peace Institute.
Awards presented at The Annual Peace Institute Celebration gala event, which takes place in the fall of every year in Chico, CA.
So embrace your inner hippy as fabulously as Janis did and enter our peace essay contest by: May 1, 2010