Here at Lulus.com we’ve realized there really isn’t much we wouldn’t mind seeing dipped in a bit of gold! We’ve brought you makeup, nail, and fashion inspo featuring this shimmering shade, and now we’ve incorporated it yet again into this to-die-for DIY Gold Dipped Mug tutorial! The steps could not be easier (or more fun!), and the idea of drinking a cup of delicious hot chocolate from this darling mug is getting us way too excited for fall. Check out the full tutorial below!
– One plain white mug
– Painter’s tape
– Matte indoor gold spray paint
– Mod Podge or clear ceramic sealer
1. Using painter’s tape, seal off the area of mug you want to keep white – making sure to cover the lip of the mug, and that there are no ripples in the tape so your lines are crisp.
2. Place the cup upside-down on newspaper, and spray the exposed areas of the mug with the gold spray paint. *Spray gold spray paint 15 inches away in small spurts to avoid dripping*
3. Wait 5 minutes for spray paint to dry, then apply the clear ceramic sealer.
4. Wait 5-7 minutes to let the sealer dry, remove the tape and get ready to your enjoy your fabulous new mug! *Do not wait too long because the tape may peel off some paint!*
*Not dishwasher safe. Hand-
wash with mild soap and water*