Halloween parties are starting and you were so busy keeping up with everything else, you didn’t get a chance to put a costume together! Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered. We already showed you how you can turn your trusty black dress into a cute costume with a few accessories, but we’ve got even more ideas for last-minute Halloween costumes you can put together quickly and easily with items you already have in your closet. With just a few staple pieces and maybe a quick trip to the Halloween store or mall, you can have a cute Halloween costume just in time for your first party. Let’s get spooky, babe!
1. Selena Quintanilla – Grab last year’s baker boy cap, a big pair of hoops, and high-waisted black jeans to look like one of pop culture’s biggest icons. A black crop top or bra top and a big belt complete the look and will get everyone clapping.
2. Margot Tenenbaum – Find your longest faux fur coat and wear it over a striped t-shirt dress (collar optional – it’s last minute!) and step into your loafers for a cozy but cool costume. Load up on eyeliner, grab a giant handbag, and add a barrette to your bob for the finishing touches.
3. Cher Horowitz – We’re already trying to look like the lead from Clueless on the daily, so why not carry that over to Halloween? While the iconic yellow plaid skirt suit with knee socks is the most obvious choice, it’s also a little harder to come by on short notice. Go for one of her other iconic looks by pairing a printed mini skirt with a white button up and a black blazer. Add some knee socks, Mary Janes, and a few shopping bags to carry all your party favors.
4. Studio 54 disco babe – If you’ve ever wondered what to do with last year’s holiday party dress, Halloween’s the perfect time to wear it again. Grab your sparkliest dress – it helps if it’s a slouchy wrap style, but virtually any style will do – and pair it with glam platform heels. Toss on summer’s biggest shades and get ready to boogie oogie oogie all night long!
5. Parisian Chic – Everyone’s obsessed with French-girl style, and we’re no exception! Go for a traditional French look with a long sleeve striped top, a flirty mini skirt, and a cute beret. Oui, mon chéri.
6. Beyoncé at Coachella – The Queen slayed everyone with her history-making performance in the desert this spring. Channel her badass energy by recreating her iconic look for a last-minute costume. Pair a yellow hoodie (hopefully you got one from her pop-up shop, but a plain one will do) with distressed denim shorts and knee high boots. Add some embellishments to your sweatshirt and boots for a look that’s equal parts confident and glam.
7. Wednesday Addams – We showed you an easy Morticia costume, but dressing up as Wednesday is just as simple! Wear a white collared shirt under a black long sleeve skater dress and add some tights and boots. Part your hair down the middle and braid it and adopt a seriously spooky attitude to really sell the look.
8. Sandy Olsson from Grease – Another classic costume, another easy one to put together! Pair black leather leggings or pants with a black off-the-shoulder top and a bad girl leather jacket. Slip into some red mules (perfect for snubbing out your cigarette) and tease your hair up high. We can bet you’ll be the one that they want at every party you hit!
9. Daria Morgendorffer and Jane Lane – Grab your bestie to pull off this easy Halloween look! Wear a green jacket over an orange t-shirt and pleated black skirt for Daria, adding a pair of circle glasses from the Halloween store. For Jane, wear a red blazer over a black v-neck top and shorts, with black tights underneath. Both wear combat boots, so step into your trusty Docs and turn on an episode to pick up their perfectly apathetic attitude.
10. Champagne – Here’s another way to wear one of your sparkly party dresses! Dress up as everyone’s favorite fizzy drink by pairing a gold sequin mini dress with tons of gold accessories and gold high heels. Carry around a bottle of bubbly and a few flutes and you’ll be the life of any Halloween party!
Which last-minute Halloween costume will you wear this weekend? Share you cute party pics on Instagram @lulus with #lovelulus!