Let’s talk Prom!
We know that it’s important to look cute for your Prom, and you definitely want to make a statement that’s individual to you. Back in the day when I went to Prom, floor-length princess-looking dresses were the must-have, but girls, this is 2011 and anything goes!
Shorter cocktail and party dresses are definitely in, and the one-shoulder look is still as hot as ever! Bold colors and heels are super current and will have you standing out from the crowd!
How to Save a Little Dough for Your Show!
1. Check out the Dresses on Sale here at Lulus. Here are my Top 4 picks from our sale category, and amazingly they are all under $35!!!
$31.50 $34.50 $29.50 $25.50
2. Snag the Shoes! What goes better with your totally affordable dress than totally affordable shoes? Check out Shoes on Sale for current styles!
3. Save on Shipping! Orders that total $75 or more Ship for Free! Go in with your girlfriends and save! It’ll be so fun having your BFF there to try on your new dresses and shoes! If you have any questions about what applies, see our Shipping Page.
4. Go in on Makeup with Your Friends: A single palette of eyeshadow can create a wide variety of looks. Buy your own lipstick or lipgloss to get a look that is all your own. There are also tons of makeup tutorials out there on YouTube and here on the A La Mode Blog! Check out our wealth of makeup how-to’s here!
5. Have a Progressive Dinner: The cutest way to save money on dinner and dine like a Queen! Get together with a group of friends and visit each house for a separate course. You can have appetizers at Laurie’s house, salad at Andy’s, main course at Ashton’s, and dessert at my house!
Also, check out this blog on 49 Ways to Save on Prom!
Creating Your Individual Look on a Budget!
Be sure you don’t have the same dress as all the other girls by shopping out of town or online. A simple dress can get that “pop” of excitement with fancy shoes or bold accessories and jewelry.
Look A: The Little Black Dress
Always a classic, this amazing sale dress has fringed sleeves for a smokin’ hot look that will move beautifully as you dance the night away.
Hotsy Totsy Cocktail Dress – $27.00
Look B: Sweet Country Queen
With a perfectly pink dress and totally unique shoes, this cute combo comes out well under $100. Just get the dress and you’re under $50!
Country Ball Pink Dress – $46.00
Total – $88.00
Look C: Better in Red
When I went to Prom, I scoured stores and catalogs for a one-shoulder dress and found nothing. Surely someone will live out my dream for me! Check out those Leopard Pumps for only $33!
Look D: Go Goddess!
Try a gorgeous maxi dress for a look all your own. This beautiful floor-length dress is as fun as it is practical!
Total : $92.00
Look E: Very Berry
This lovely lilac dress looks great on any skin tone and has a full skirt for dancing! Colorful pumps show your personality!
Look F: The Artistic Individual!
Asymmetrical hemlines are flattering and edgy, and these artistic two-sided pumps are the ultimate statement for the artistic spirit in you!
(totals do not include sales tax)
What are your favorite looks? Share your personal look in the comments below!