Show up at Friendsgiving this year with a plate of these bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese (A.K.A. bites of heaven) and everyone will ask you when you found the time to go culinary school! Creamy goat cheese and savory bacon mixed with sweet, sugary dates makes for a complex and exquisite flavor that will rival any five-star restaurant! With three simple ingredients and thirty minutes, you’ll have a deluxe and delicious appetizer that will have absolutely everyone impressed!
-1 16 oz. package of dried Medjool Dates (can be found in the produce section of Trader Joe’s)
-1 12 oz. package of bacon, slices cut in half widthwise
-1 4 oz. package of Goat Cheese (Pecorino, Asiago, Manchego, Feta, or Bleu Cheese will work too)
-Brown Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Using a small knife slice a slit in the dates lengthwise and remove pits.
3. Fill each date with about a 1/2 teaspoon of cheese, depending on its size.
4. Wrap dates with your half slices of bacon, securing the overlapping ends of bacon together with a toothpick.
5. Arrange dates on rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Bake the dates for about 7-8 minutes or until browned on the bottom and turn (now’s the time to add the brown sugar). Cook for another 7-8 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and a little crispy, and the cheese is slightly browned.
7. Let these cool for several minutes and then enjoy!
P.S. For a vegan/vegetarian version, you can use soy bacon and replace the cheese with almonds!
These babies go fast, so we recommend doubling or even tripling the recipe if you’re serving for a large crowd! Drooling yet?