Hello again!! I’m Ashley, the founder and crafter behind Sugar & Cloth. I’m so excited to team up with LuLu*s to get to share a few home DIY projects with you in a new series: Fresh Spaces. As I mentioned last post, this week we’re bringing the perfect touch of gold to items around the house.
Putting away your accessories at the end of the day just became a whole lot more fun with these simple DIY figurine trinket dishes. You can personalize with your favorite animal, geometric object, or even a paper weight! Depending on just how many or few accessories you may need to store away, you can choose to use a bigger or smaller dish.
- Miniature plastic animals
- Black and white spray paint in matte, and primer
- E-6000 or super glue
- Appetizer plates
- Liquid gold leaf
- Paint brush
- Spray paint your plates and plastic animals with primer, and let them dry completely. Next, spray paint the animals and dishes the color of your choice, and let dry.
- Using the gold leafing and a paint brush, paint the gold onto the animals in small amounts where you’d like such as the ears, nose, etc just for a touch of interest, and let dry.
- Lastly, dab a bit of glue onto the bottoms of the animals, and place each on a plate either in the middle or off to the side; placement is up to you!
Now add your trinkets for a bit of glam, and you’re all set to make statement with your tucked away jewelry.
Photos and tutorial by Ashley Rose of Sugar & Cloth