The retro-inspired half moon mani has made a huge comeback as of late; and with spring shades soon to make their way into our wardrobes, we’ve modified the classic look to incorporate a fresh lavender and fuchsia combo! To get this look, check out our step-by-step tutorial!
Hannah @ HannahRoxNails
Freshen up your phone case for spring with this chic, modern, and incredibly easy confetti dot phone case DIY! Blush, black, and metallic gold dots are strewn like confetti across a beige-y champagne case, making for a color combo that is simply to die for! Since you can use any household nail polish, the color combinations are totally endless!
- Beige/champagne colored phone case
- Blush, black, and metallic gold nail polish (We used Licorice, Muchi Muchi, and Good as Gold by Essie)
- Pointed Q-tips
-Triple Thick Glaze (optional)
1. Cut the very tip off the pointed end of three Q-tips to create a flat, round surface at the ends
2. Starting with light pink, shake the bottle of polish until well mixed
3. Pour a dime-sized amount of polish into a disposable tray
4. Dip a Q-tip into the polish and start to add dots to the phone case. Remember this is supposed to look like strewn confetti, so the more randomly the dots are place, the better!
5. Let the polish dry completely
6. Repeat steps 2-5 with the black and gold polish
7. (optional) After all polish has completely dried spray the case with a thin layer of Triple Thick Glaze. Be sure to do this either outside or in a very well-ventilated area! Let the glaze dry completely before using.
Love this dotted metallic look? Then check out our DIY Gold Dot Champagne Flutes!
We were so ecstatic to see all the amazing entries and chic outfits entered into the LuLu*s Style Studio NYC Giveaway! We loved looking through each and every entry, and after much consideration we are excited to announce that our grand prize winner is Naomi G.!!! She has won a $1,000 to LuLu*s, $500 to NYX Cosmetics, and a girls’ luxury spa day at the Lush spa in NYC, plus a trip to NYC with her bestie during Fashion Week. Her and her bestie will also be VIP attendants to LuLu*s Style Studio – the biggest fashion blogger party of the year!
We’re smitten with all the outfits Naomi entered, but we could especially envision ourselves strolling through NYC in this one! We love pastels for winter, plus the feminine shape of this light blue midi is simply to die for. The finishing touches of an oversized clutch, gold jewelry, and ankle strap heels really bring it all together. (via @naomigugliotta)
A few of her other adorable ensembles:
❤ We were in love with so many other entrants’ outfits we couldn’t choose just one winner, so here are a few of our other favorites! Each runner-up won $50 to LuLu*s! ❤
Looking for another awesome giveaway? We’re giving away an entire year of FREE DRESSES to one lucky gal (and her best pal) for all of 2015!!! Check out the Great Galentine’s Giveaway for a chance to win! xo ❤
Who’s 6’1″, with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, an English accent, and the total ability to make girls swoon with one simple smoldering glance? Jeremy Irvine, that’s who! We are kind of smitten by his boyish charm and, let’s be honest, those baby blues don’t hurt. This handsome newcomer found himself at the helm of Steven Spielberg’s “War Horse,” making a name for himself in Hollywood, and now you can catch him as the adorable airman with a secret in “The Woman in Black 2″. What’s next for this cutie? He’ll be starring in the film adaptation of the best-selling young-adult book series, “Fallen,” playing everyone’s favorite fallen angel, Daniel Grigori! Count us in!