Beautiful skin with a healthy glow never goes out of style.
Below are pics of celebrities that I absolutely admire for the radiance of their skin. From the flawless luminescence of Dita Von Teese, to the sun-kissed glow of Jessica Alba and the dewiness of Liv Tyler, there is much evidence to show that a soft, candlelight glow can go a long way in enhancing your look.
Step One: Make Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: Water refreshes the skin and keeps it hydrated and dewy. Have a glass first thing in the morning to wake up your complexion.
- GET PLENTY OF SLEEP: Nothing dulls down your skin like sleep depravation. Get enough rest each night and your skin will be ready to rise and shine.
- EAT SMART: This one is a no brainer. Your skin needs to be nourished from the inside out. Cut back on refined sugars and starches while stocking up on whole grains, fruits, veggies, and stomach friendly probiotics like yogurt and kefir. All will keep your digestion system running efficiently while delivering nutrients to the skin.
Step Two: Adopt a Pro-Active Skin Care Regimen
- EXFOLIATE: Exfoliating 2-3 times a week will remove dead skin cells, allowing younger skin to shine through. It will also help your foundation glide on smoother. Try the Gentle Exfoliating Facial Cleanser by Yes to Carrots or Biore’s Refresh Daily Cleansing Cloths if your skin is more delicate.
- WASH BEFORE BED: Never, never, ever go to bed with a day’s worth of makeup on. Your foundation and eye makeup will cake, smear and clog pores. Get into the habit of washing your face before bed, even if it’s a late night. Your skin will thank you in the morning.
- HYDRATE: If you’re in the market for skin care products, moisturizer is the thing you want to spend your money on. Choose a moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type and use it twice a day. It will plump your skin and seal in moisture. My favorite moisturizers of all time: Mario Badescu’s Buttermilk Moisturizer and Kinerase’s Clear Skin Moisture Light.
Step Three: Try These Makeup Bag Tricks
- Get a luminescent glow by dusting your face with a sheer, light reflecting powder to set your foundation or light up bare skin. One such powder that is gaining much popularity is Make Up For Ever’s HD Micro Finish Powder. If it’s made to make you look flawless in HD, then just imagine what it can do for a day at class or work.
- Apply a highlighter to places where light reflects naturally on your face. I like to press Stila’s Eyeshadow in Starlight on the tops of the cheekbones, down the nose, at the cupid’s bow of the lip, and at the brow bone for a radiant lift.
- if you’re skin is starting to dull by mid-day, boost your completion with a spritz of hydration. I love love love Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray It will give your skin a dose of dewy while putting new life back into your foundation.