During this time of year, we pick pumpkins for decoration, carving, and baking pie … so why not use them in our beauty routine?
Pumpkins are rich in beta-carotene, which gives them their intense orange color. This anti-oxidant powerhouse does wonders for your skin, including protecting your skin against sun damage, evening skin tone, and giving you an overall healthy glow.
Now that the weather is turning, the elements can be even harder on your skin. If you’re feeling a little cracked and dry, treat your skin to a little PLC (Pumpkin, Love and Care).
For the ultimate skin treat, I love to use GreatSkin® Pore Refining Pumpkin Mask. Not only does this mask exfoliate your skin, but as you rub it in, it heats up and relaxes the face. It’s like having an expensive facial right at home. Can’t beat that.
And if I’m feeling a little creative in the kitchen, I’ll whip up the scrub recipe below found on Care2.com. It’s so easy and simple, and hey, we all have these ingredients in our cupboards anyway.
Pumpkin, Sugar, and Spice Scrub
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Stand in a tub or shower stall and use a damp washcloth to scoop some of the mixture up.
- Apply to body, starting with your feet and working your way up, but avoiding your face. Scrub gently using circular motions.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
So head on down to the pumpkin patch — or the canned goods aisle — and get in on the fun. It’s like a pie in the face, only more relaxing.