Kohl was a staple in Cleopatra’s beauty kit, so why not yours? I’m obsessed with DALiiA’s eyestick liners ($28 each) for not only its intense color payoff, but the fact that it’s a 100% natural formula (no parabens, no silicone or preservatives) so I feel comfortable lining it in the inner rims of my eyes for an intense smokey look. Here’s an eye makeup look I did this morning (and proceeded to get many compliments on at the office later). The kohls are so easy to use and completely versatile. I used it below as a liner and shadows as you’ll see. You can totally get away with this easy look for day to evening, and even layer up more black for a sexy nighttime look that will be hard to ignore.
1. Use DALiiA’s Persian Gold on the lid in a wind-wiper motion, applying from lid to crease.
2. Use the tip of the liner to get into the tear duct area, and roll around to just the inner-bottom corner of the lid.
3. Using an eyeshadow brush, grab a brown-bronze color like this one (this one is from a Tarte palette I had).
4. Apply to the outer crease area of your eye. This will give it subtle depth.
5. I used DALiiA’s Starlight Silver to the center and inner areas of my crease to just give the look a little more dimension.
6. Use a highlighter pencil to add a little glow right under your brows. I used Benefit High Brow.
7. Now take DALiiA’s Cleopatra Black to line your upper and lower waterline. I start from the tear duct area and close my eye slightly around the stick and slide through to thoroughly cover the inner rims. I go over it twice to make it really intense.
8. Line the upper lid like you would normal liner with the Black eyestick. You can drag the line out a little to give it a slightly winged look.
9. Now using a flat brush, grab a dark brown shadow like this one and line your lower lashline. I love how this gives it a nice, smoked out look (option: you can do this with your black eye stick if you want it even more intense).
10. Curl your lashes using an eyelash curler.
11. Add a couple swipes of your favorite black mascara (I used Lancome Hypnose Star – in love with this one right now!)
Want to see more by guest blogger Shyema Azam? Check out her blog Beauty and the Feast!