If eyes are the window to the soul, make them smolder with our navy blue smokey eye tutorial! It’s our favorite sultry look for spring, and navy blue is a shadow that complements any eye color. It’s the perfect makeup to make your eyes pop for prom! Follow the steps below to get this lovely look for yourself!
1. Sweep an ivory colored eyeshadow across the bottom half of the upper eye lid to create the base.
2. Using an angle brush, lightly line the upper lash line with black eyeshadow.
3. With the same brush, smudge the black line you just created in step 2 with a bright cobalt blue eyeshadow. Bring the line down and around to the lower lash line.
4. Concentrating on the outer corner of the top lid, lightly apply charcoal grey eyeshadow to begin the smokey eye.
5. Dab a small amount of black eyeshadow just in the outside corner and up to the crease.
6. Going back to the blue eyeshadow from step 3, smudge the blue to blend against the dark smokey base. The bright blue mixed with the charcoal and black blend to be a nice navy smokey look.
7. Add a hint of champagne shimmery eyeshadow to the inner corner of the eye to create a pop.
8. Finish the smokey eye with a fine line of cream black eyeliner and a few coats of mascara!
Festival season is upon us and you need to get packing! Make sure to be prepared by toting along all of your festival favorites. From function and beauty to hydration, these are the essential items we will be packing to make sure we are fully stocked to overcome any festival 911. Read below for full descriptions of each must-have item. Wanna win this bag and all of the numbered items above?? Of course you do! Comment below for a chance to be the lucky winner*!
Ready to step up your makeup skills? Instantly enhance your natural bone structure with our basic contour makeup tutorial! Follow the contour makeup guide below and you’ll be photo-shoot ready in just a few steps. Start by applying a light foundation in the areas labeled “HL” to add highlights. Fill in the areas marked “BR” with a darker foundation or powder (about 2 shades darker than your skin) to act as your bronzer. Finish off by applying blush in the area of the cheekbone marked “BL” and—voilà!—a perfect makeup look for any special occasion!
Products used for this look: Mary Kay TimeWise® Matte-Wear® Liquid Foundation in Beige, Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Strawberry Cream and Urban Decay’s Naked Flushed Palette in “Streak”!
Are your locks looking a little lack-lustre? Learn how to tease your hair with this simple but effective tutorial! It’s the perfect trick to take you from office to night out, and all you need is a comb and a little hairspray! Sometimes simple can make a BIG statement!