We may be living in a modern age, but that’s no reason to abandon the classics! This Hollywood glam makeup tutorial is the perfect way to achieve a retro-chic look that Marilyn Monroe would be proud of! It’s the perfect blend of vampy, vintage and va-va-voom! Follow the steps below and you’ll be a femme fatale at your next holiday fête!
1. Create an even skin tone by applying liquid foundation to cover any dark circles or blemishes.
2. Lightly powder your entire face to set the foundation. Depending upon your preference, you can use either translucent or mineral powder. We chose a mineral powder for a little more coverage.
3. Apply a neutral tone blush to accent your cheek bones.
4. Sweep a nude brown eye-shadow across the lid and concentrate in the crease.
5. Blend a slightly darker brown shadow using a smaller brush and focus from outer corner to center of the crease to define the lid.
6. Use an ivory or white eye-shadow from the inner corner to the center of the lash line to create a pop of brightness and add to the wide-eyed effect.
7. Chose a narrow angle brush and apply cream black liner to the lash line to further define the look. Direct the liner upwards as you near the outer corner.
8. Complete the eyes by adding a few coats of mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
9. Last but not least, apply a candy apple red lipstick.
Short on time but still wanna look sophisticated? This super chic low rolled bun tutorial will be your new go-to! In mere minutes you can tame those fly-aways creating the perfect look to last you from day to date! Follow the easy steps below and you’ll be rocking this elegant up-do in no time!
1. Pull hair back into a sleek low ponytail.
2. Slightly loosen the hair-tie and split hair above it into 2 even sections.
3&4. While holding the split hair, pull the ponytail up and through the opening.
5. Tighten the ponytail until the hair-tie is hidden.
6. Fully backcomb the entire ponytail to create a full bun.
7. Smooth the underside of the hair and pull up.
8. Tuck the pony into the opening above the hair-tie and secure with as many pins as needed.
I love having a fresh bouquet around, but let’s face it, you’ve got maybe a week at best to enjoy it. (Calling all craft-aholics!) Now you can spruce up your romantic Indie decor using your own homemade paper flowers, with the help from design team Thuss + Farrell, and their new book Paper to Petal! Try out one of the 75 step-by-step designs, or just leave this hardbound edition of eye candy on your coffee table for a colorful pick-me up.
Interested? Lucky for you, this beautiful hardback went on sale yesterday, August 27th! You can pick up a copy at Random House.