Erica of FashionLush shares some cute (and super simple) ways to dress up your sunnies for summer! Take any old pair of sunglasses you might have lying around and spruce them up to make them summer soiree ready! Which pair of sunnies will you make? Share it with us below!
Click through for the full list of materials and instructions you’ll need to make your own!
Check out these fun ways to add sparkle to your everyday accessories and enjoy some one-of-a-kind shine:
– The Wanna Be Heartin’ Something Ring started out as a beautiful basic, but we pumped it up a notch with red glitter for a look as classic as Dorothy’s infamous ruby slippers.
– A little glitter can make an inexpensive pair of heels turn into a posh one-of-a-kind pair! From date night, to girls’ night out, the My Delicious Date Black Patent Pumps are sure to be a sparkly hit with some glitter added to the heel.
Helpful Hint: The trick when using glitter is to make sure you find the right adhesive. Your local craft store will have a lot of options to choose from, so check the label (or ask a friendly sales associate!) and you will have no problem finding the right glue option for your DIY project.
Put some more sparkle in your life with these pretty DIY glitter wine glasses!
What You Need: Wine Glasses, Glitter, Mod Podge, Brush, and a Piece of Paper (to catch the extra glitter).
We used Mod Podge Matte Finish by Plaid and the Martha Stewart Essentials Glitter Set.
1) Coat the handle of the glass in Mod Podge or glue.
2) While being careful to stay over the paper, sprinkle glitter onto the glass. Don’t be shy with the glitter! You can use the paper to dump the extra back into your glitter container.
3) Let the glass dry and repeat steps 1 and 2 until you reach your desired level of sparkle.
4) Put at least two layers of Mod Podge on top of the last layer of glitter so that the glitter won’t come off in your hand.
Helpful Tip: These glasses are hand wash only so make sure they don’t end up in the dishwasher!
Gather the gals, and start sipping in style!
These DIY candle holders are so cute, you won’t believe how easy they are to make! Simply cut or punch out tissue paper in the shape of your choice and use Mod Podge to glue it to the glass!
– Get creative with this one! Try different sizes/shapes of glass and challenge yourself to cut out fun and unique patterns of tissue paper.
– Some of the lighter shades of tissue paper may need an extra layer or two for the color to really pop.
– Put Mod Podge over the blank areas of glass as well for a slightly foggy appearance that will soften the candlelight.