This week’s mani was inspired by our Leopard-y Animal Silver and Black Brocade Skirt. It’s the purrrrfect blend of sassy and chic. Follow the steps below and you’ll be feline fine in no time!
Hannah @ HannahRoxNails
We may be living in a modern age, but that’s no reason to abandon the classics! This Hollywood glam makeup tutorial is the perfect way to achieve a retro-chic look that Marilyn Monroe would be proud of! It’s the perfect blend of vampy, vintage and va-va-voom! Follow the steps below and you’ll be a femme fatale at your next holiday fête!
1. Create an even skin tone by applying liquid foundation to cover any dark circles or blemishes.
2. Lightly powder your entire face to set the foundation. Depending upon your preference, you can use either translucent or mineral powder. We chose a mineral powder for a little more coverage.
3. Apply a neutral tone blush to accent your cheek bones.
4. Sweep a nude brown eye-shadow across the lid and concentrate in the crease.
5. Blend a slightly darker brown shadow using a smaller brush and focus from outer corner to center of the crease to define the lid.
6. Use an ivory or white eye-shadow from the inner corner to the center of the lash line to create a pop of brightness and add to the wide-eyed effect.
7. Chose a narrow angle brush and apply cream black liner to the lash line to further define the look. Direct the liner upwards as you near the outer corner.
8. Complete the eyes by adding a few coats of mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
9. Last but not least, apply a candy apple red lipstick.
We here at LuLu*s are simply smitten by award shows. You can find us taking notes on our favorite celebs, fashion, over-the-top performances, and wild surprises! This year’s American Music Awards did NOT disappoint! Miley was at it again, Lady Gaga made a grand entrance (and that performance, what?), and we fell even more in love with Justin Timberlake (as if that was even possible). The fashion trends of the evening? Black and white and red all over that carpet!
Genie in an Ivory Gown: Christina Aguilera flaunted her slim, flawless figure in Maria Lucia Hohan. The icy accents made her sparkle, and the side cutouts were just the right amount of sexy!
Kute & Klassy: We could not get over how precious Katy Perry looked in her polka dot Oscar de la Renta gown, complete with stunning floral appliques! She kept it simple with stud earrings and a pretty ring, and her bold lip really completed the look!
Jennerific! Kendall & Kylie Jenner were total show-stoppers, giving us the best of both fashion worlds: girly & chic menswear! Kendall wore pieces from Keepsake, and Kylie made a fierce statement in a Maiyet top and Giambatista Valli pants!
Saucy Songstress: We are totally obsessed with Naya Rivera, and this red carpet look absolutely slayed us! The revealing yet classic Michael Kors gown fit the Glee princess like a glove, and the gold accents were perfect!
The Simple Life: Nicole Richie was anything but basic in her white floor-length Emilio Pucci dress, complete with a to-die-for statement clutch!
Okay, okay. We’re sure you expect this from the LuLu*s ladies by now, but how can Taylor Swift NOT be our Best Dressed?! She was absolute gold in her Julien Macdonald mini, strappy gold heels, and effortlessly-coiffed hair. We just can’t help ourselves, we looove Miss Swift!
Have you seen our Party Perfect Holiday Lookbook yet? Here’s an exclusive look behind the scenes at all the glitter, glam, and good times! From sequin dresses to stunning jewelry and sparkly champagne, we hope it inspires you to shine bright and ring in the New Year in style! Wanna shop any of the looks? Head here and get holiday haute!
The pixie cut may not be a new invention, but it seems to be taking the celebrity world by storm! From Beyonce to Pamela Anderson to Jennifer Lawrence, our favorite celebrity sirens have taken to chopping their locks and the end result is pure pixie perfection. This hair-raising look is bold and brave, but also somehow soft and feminine. And from what we have seen from Jennifer Lawrence as of late, it’s also incredibly diverse! So what do you think? Love the chop or is this coif craze a total flop?