This season, I’m thinking don’t even bother getting a new white button down shirt; just be quiet and sneak into your boyfriend’s closet and snatch up one of his! Make it easy on yourself, and pair any loose-fitting and totally comfortable white blousy top with a pair of semi fitted kind of baggy, black leather, faux leather, satin, or cotton shorts and you are ready to fly down the runway (or right into work)!
Make life and instant style even easier for yourself and check out our Winner’s Circle Romper [sold out!] by Collective Concepts. This baby is a shirt and shorts all in one so you’ll be ready on the fly!
Fall is almost here, and it’s time to transition to tights, boots, cardigans and — of course — cozy flannel plaids. No longer just for lumberjacks, these new plaids are designed for a hip and trendy crowd. Great paired with belts, dressed up or dressed down, a reliable plaid will see you through the end of summer to the chill of winter.
Fashion is the name of the game here at Lulus.com, where an innovative staff is dedicated to the world of clothes and the pursuit of cute. One such LuLu*s fashionista, Miss Carlie Oxsen, is absolutely adored around the office for her unique and inventive style.
Trendy and creative, Carlie is our go-to girl for style questions and outfit inspiration. Below is a step-by-step guide to recreating one of our favorite Carlie ensembles: the simple men’s shirt turned adorable and stylish skirt.
1-1.5 yards of wide elastic
A man’s button-up shirt
A sewing machine
1. Buy a man’s dress shirt (steal from boyfriend or visit your local thrift store….)
2. Cut a straight line across shirt, beginning right below sleeves of shirt.
3. Measure a piece of elastic around your waste where you would like the skirt to sit (Leave 1 inch of length for overlap.)
4. Unbutton bottom half of shirt and lay out flat.
5. Stretch the cut piece of elastic to fit the length of the shirt.
6. While holding elastic completely stretched out pin the shirt to the elastic. Place one straight pin every 3 inches.
7. Sew elastic to shirt (sew top and bottom of elastic).
8. Sew on one button over the elastic on the button side of shirt.
9. Cut a slit in the opposite end of the elastic to fit the button 10 cut off any excess length of elastic.
10. Sport your new skirt on your next outing, and be prepared for showering of compliments!
The verdict is in: Burnout tees are red hot this season Get yours today before they sizzle up!
Burnout tees are so unique in that they have gone through an extensive weathering process, creating a cozy vintage, worn-in feel. Plus, with a semi-sheer, poly-cotton blend, you know you’ll be getting a comfortable fit as well. For the girl who appreciates texture and great style, a burnout tee is the perfect alternative to your average t-shirt.
No wonder stars have hopped on board with the trend. From Lindsay Lohan on a coffee run, to Blake Lively taking a stroll downtown, burnout tees have proven to be a cute and versatile choice for everyday wear!
If you need to get a hand on one of your own, Lulus.com has just what you need! For only $24, you can add the Alternative Burnout Tee in White [sold out!] to your wardrobe. This is the same exact tee by Alternative Apparel that reality star Whitney Port was spotted wearing in an episode of The Hills (pictured below)!